Recreational Use Survey Technician
A.I.S., Inc. (AIS) is a national scientific services firm supporting maritime activities requiring certification of compliance with environmental regulations as well as collecting data for use by Federal, State, Municipal, and other government agencies along the US coastline.
AIS is looking for survey technicians to support a six-month field study scheduled to be conducted from April 1st to September 30, 2023. Staff will visit various recreation sites to count and interview recreationists. Must be willing to work weekends.Â
TechniciansÂ will visit three sites in a day according to the project schedule. Upon arrival, techniciansÂ will decide who will conduct counts and who will conduct interviews at that site. Each site will have site-specific protocols determining which monitoring approach to use (targeting recreators, vehicles/bicycles, motorized boats and how many access points to sample from).
- Counter- Within your sampling timeframe, tally all recreators, vehicles/bikes and motorized vehicles accessing the site according to the site-specific protocol.
- Interviewer- Within your sampling timeframe, initiate interviews will all recreators, vehicles/bikes and motorized vehicles accessing the site according to the site-specific protocol. Interviews consists of up to seven questions and generally last less than a minute.
Data collection will last for approximatelyÂ 2.5 hours at each site.
Compensation: Candidates will be paid an hourly rate to be negotiated. The position is temporary, with Full-time and Part-time positions available. Eligible FT employees will receive AIS’ benefits package, which includes health and dental insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
- Cell phone
- Must be available to work weekends
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little guidance
- Be outgoing, self-motivated and reliable
- Flexible schedule
- Experience working with the public
- Travel required
- Mileage reimbursed at Government rate for miles accrued on a personal vehicle from City Center to survey sites, between survey sites and back to City Center
- Applicants must currently live within 30 miles of Portland or living there by the start of training.
If you would like to apply for this exciting new opening, please click the following link http://aisobservers.com/careers/ to submit the required information:
- Cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the position
- 3 references (name, email address and phone number)-at least 1 needs to be a professional reference
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of A.I.S. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our employees and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Must be able to work in the U.S. • VEVRAA Federal Contractor • Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals • Equal Opportunity Employer