Internship (Website and Digital Assets)
“WorldFish is a leading international research organization working to transform aquatic food systems to reduce hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. It collaborates with international, regional, and national partners to co-develop and deliver scientific innovations, evidence for policy, and knowledge to enable equitable and inclusive impact for millions who depend on fish for their livelihoods. As a member of CGIAR, WorldFish contributes to building a food- and nutrition-secure future and restoring natural resources. Headquartered in Penang, Malaysia, with country offices across Africa, Asia, and the Pacific, WorldFish strives to create resilient and inclusive food systems for shared prosperity.
For more information, visit: www.worldfishcenter.org”
About the Position
The Website and Digital Assets Intern will assist the Website and Multimedia Manager to clean, organize and accurately tag content to improve the website user experience and access to content and publications. The Intern will collaborate closely with the Communications team for his/her responsibilities and will have the opportunity to learn about data architecture and in general, about digital tools, their use and implementation in Communications and how they support WorldFish’s work across more than 20 countries.
The successful candidate will:
- Update and clean content on the website including ensuring proper keywords, correcting dead links, and adding/archiving information as guided by the Website Manager.
- Ensure that content on website is in correct format and tagging.
- Assist with content posting and checking for format and keyword accuracy on digital platforms including websites, YouTube, Flickr, and others.
- Assist with managing multimedia assets on WorldFish social media channels, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and SlideShare etc. Tasks include tagging, managing, sorting, organizing, and uploading videos and photo albums on WorldFish’s Flickr and YouTube channels.
- Assist in video production, photo shooting session, and livestreaming events as needed.
- Assist the Communications team on photoshoots, videography and related tasks as needed.
This opportunity will be suitable for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree related to Information/Data Management, Web Development, Digital Marketing or Communications. We also encourage candidates who are in the process of graduating to apply.
- Familiar with CMS (content management system) input, such as Drupal and WordPress, data architecture, keywords, metadata/tags.
- Fluent user and knowledge of social media platforms, such as YouTube, Facebook, Flickr.
- Attention to details and ensure accuracy.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Motivated to learn and work in a team environment.
- CGIAR experience is a plus.
- Coding experience including php, HTML, CSS.
- This position is an excellent opportunity to gain information and experience with an international research organization.
- The intern will also get the opportunity to interact and collaborate with researchers.
- A monthly stipend and health insurance will be provided.
Location and Duration
The intern will be based at WorldFish Headquarters, in Penang, Malaysia. The successful candidate should be available to commence the internship as soon as possible for a duration of maximum 12months. This position is open only to national applicants. Interviews are expected to be held in October 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview.
How to Apply
Your application must include:
- A copy of your curriculum vitae,
- A cover letter which addresses key requirements stated above; and
- Contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
To be considered, applications must be submitted by no later than 24:00 (MYT) 15 October 2023.
The screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has 7 offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.