Network Development Officer
Wetlands International is the only global not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the conservation and restoration of wetlands. We are dedicated to protecting and restoring wetlands for their environmental value as well as for the services they provide to people. We work through our network of offices, our partners and experts to achieve our goals.
About this position
Reporting to: Director of Network Development
Full-time: Full-time, 36 hours per week (part-time is also possible)
Location: Global Office: Ede-Wageningen, The Netherlands
Grade/Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Purpose of the role
The Network Development Officer will support the annual cycle of key internal network management processes, including on planning, governance and capacity building of Wetlands International network of offices. This is intended to result in better cooperation at network level, strengthened capacity of our teams and an increase in the resilience of the organization. The Network Development Officer is also responsible for the planning and management of projects supporting organizational development and for providing support to the operations and decision making of the Wetlands International network.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Support and coordinate the organizational development plans of offices, and produce structured overviews and analysis for decision making;
- Maintain an overview of governance of individual Wetlands International Offices, and advise on action required to strengthen these (e.g. process improvements, training, other);
- Act as project manager for organizational development projects including financial tracking, planning, developing terms of references, liaison with contractors, standard project contracting, as well as coordinating and drafting reports for donors;
- Plan, coordinate and follow-up of Network Management Team meetings, and the Annual Meeting (including drafting agenda and meeting reports);
- Support the coordination and follow-up of the Annual Organizational Reporting and Planning Cycles linked to the implementation of the Strategic Intent (2020-2030);
- Support the preparation and follow-up to the Programme Leadership Team meetings, enabling linkages with other teams and offices;
- Plan and coordinate other activities that foster better collaboration in the Wetlands International Network of offices.
INSIDE Wetlands International
Reports directly to the Director of Network Development. Works in close coordination with the Global Management Team at the Global Office: the CEO, Director of Resources and the Director of Programme Impact, the Heads of Offices and their delegates, the Programme Heads and the Heads of Fundraising, Communication and Advocacy and the Global Office support and technical teams.
OUTSIDE Wetlands International
Partners, donors and consultants as required to fulfil the main duties.
The candidate will be familiar with working in a international (network) organization and the corresponding meetings and processes needed to ensure its effective functioning. The candidate will have expertise in collecting, analysing and managing information in a structured way in digital systems and in coordinating internal projects with staff from various countries and different cultures. The candidate will be service oriented, flexible but systematic and accurate, with a ‘can do’ mentality and attention to detail in planning and follow-up. The successful candidate will be a team player with experience of managing projects (planning, budgets, implementation and reporting to donors), ideally in relation to organizational or institutional development. The candidate will have an affinity with the mission of Wetlands international.
Education and experience
- Experience in managing complex projects (financial tracking and co-financing, planning, developing terms of references, liaison with contractors, coordination and writing of reports).
- Expertise and experience in how international, non-profit organizations (charities) are managed.
- Experience in the set-up of effective meetings among senior managers in an organization, including drafting agendas, note taking, online facilitation tools, etc.
- Proficiency in working with digital information systems to collect and structure information for management purposes and decision making (E.g. SharePoint, Teams).
- Strong analysis, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing skills and fluency in English is a must and other languages is an asset, especially French, Spanish or Dutch.
- Affinity with working with multi-cultural and international teams.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in management, business administration, law or other relevant field.
- Affinity with the mission of Wetlands International.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results.
- Organizational Awareness: Understanding the workings, structure and culture of the organization to achieve results.
- Planning and organising: Defining tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, while ensuring the optimal use of resources to meet those objectives.
- Networking/ relationship building: Building and actively maintaining working relationships and/or networks of contacts to further the organization’s goals.
- Communication: Listening to others and communicating in an effective manner that fosters open communication.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send us a resume and an application letter indicating your motivation to Jozefa van der Veen, HR Officer .
Please mark in the subject: “Application – Network Development Officer”.
Questions about the vacancy and/or procedure can also be sent to this email address.
Deadline for the application is Wednesday 31st of January 2024.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 5 February 2024.
Suitable candidates might be approached before the deadline.