Executive Assistant and Administration Officer (contract until October 2024)
The Minderoo Foundation
Minderoo Foundation is a modern philanthropic organisation. We take on tough, persistent issues with the potential to drive massive change. We incubate ideas and accelerate impact. We push the limits of what is believed possible.
Minderoo Foundation is independent, forward thinking and seeks effective, scalable solutions. We are proudly Australian, and one of Asia’s largest philanthropies.
Minderoo’s Oceans Focus Area’s aim is to return the ocean to a healthy state, free from pollution and safeguarded for future generations. Our work will focus primarily in the Indo-Pacific region but we may also look at neighbouring regions (e.g. Eastern Pacific Ocean and Southern Ocean).
Alongside our peers and partners, we will advocate to scale promising practices and enact systems and policy change with a focus on:
• Sustainable ocean economies
• Protecting and restoring ocean ecosystems
• Stopping plastic pollution
About the Opportunity
Administration Officer is a parental leave replacement opportunity until October 2024. Reporting to the Director, Plastics you will actively contribute to a high-performing team, facilitating and coordinating a range of critical tasks and projects. You will work productively and efficiently, collaborating closely with other areas as part of our matrix structure and championing our One Minderoo Culture.
Responsible for administrative, financial, and operational support to Stichting EU Minderoo (SEUM) as a Minderoo Dutch subsidiary and Minderoo staff based in Europe. This role is a critical interface between Minderoo in Europe and in Australia. It is made more complex by the need for managing a remote overseas subsidiary foundation.
To be successful you will have the ability to manage competing and changing priorities. With strong attention to detail, and a proactive, efficient approach.
You are an experienced administrative support officer with excellent organisational skills. A self-starter with a high level of initiative and a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
· Efficiently manage the Director, Plastics’ schedule, ensuring deadlines are met, and provide essential administrative support, including filing, data management, meeting agendas, minutes and expenses.
· Provide administrative support to the Europe based teams on finance, people management, project management, scheduling meetings and events, travel, communications, reports, presentations, and other matters as required.
· Act as a liaison with internal and external partners, collaborators, and stakeholders. Prioritising communications to provide prompt responses and high quality clear and concise interactions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, capable of managing administrative details autonomously.
· Strong proficiency in English and Dutch, both written and verbal.
This role will be based in our Amsterdam office.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you interested in this opportunity.
Applications close: Thursday 30th November 2023
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be identified.
Minderoo Foundation uses a hybrid work model. Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.