Advisor, First Nations Employer Index
The Minderoo Foundation
Minderoo Foundation is a modern philanthropic organisation. We take on tough, persistent issues with the potential to drive massive change. We incubate ideas and accelerate impact. We push the limits of what is believed possible.
Minderoo Foundation is independent, forward thinking and seeks effective, scalable solutions. We are proudly Australian, and one of Asia’s largest philanthropies.
Minderoo Impact Missions will focus on new opportunities, threats and crises’ that arise that are generally opportunistic, short term and higher risk. Specifically:
- Opportunistic = Missions will be formed when a shift in the system presents Minderoo with a unique opportunity to deliver accelerated impact.
- Focused = Missions are clearly framed with tight, specific outcomes. Work is targeted, measurable, and time bound.
- Ambitious= Missions are ambitious but with achievable and realistic advocacy, research, and innovation actions.
- Needed = Missions will be formed when there is a clear role we can play, enabling us to step up and make a difference with a primary focus on partnerships.
Areas of work for Minderoo’s Impact Missions will be driven by our mission methodology and Impact Missions strategy. They will focus on the Asia Pacific and select countries globally.
First Nations Employment Index & Network
Working with and creating accountability for Australia’s largest employers to achieve true employment parity for First Nations people by to identifying and supporting evidenced based best practice.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking a collaborative and engaging Advisor, First Nations Employer Index to join a high-performing team and drive impact across the Minderoo Foundation, on a 6 month Fixed Term basis. You will oversee the strategy and implementation of projects to influence, collaborate and build First Nations employment capability, focussing where applicable on partners, stakeholders, and beneficiaries to execute a content strategy aligned with Minderoo’s strategic goals.
Reporting to the Head of First Nations Employment, you day to day will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the employer engagement strategy and employer network, advocating the benefits of First Nations employment, and creating nurturing relationships with stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Facilitating Employer Network sessions to support systematic change from the findings of the First Nations Employment Index.
- Collaborating on the development of the First Nations Employment Index research, incorporating feedback from key stakeholders.
- Assisting with preparation of reports, updates and other relevant documentation.
- Working closely with the Partnerships team to manage ongoing relationships with key partners including First Nations employment providers, government, and industry bodies.
The successful candidate will understand relevant issues affecting First Nations employment and broader community affairs. You will be passionate about equity between First Nations and non-Indigenous Australians and bring to the role your experience working as a First Nations employment practitioner in a large organisation delivering strategic initiatives.
Additional requirements include:
- Proven experience in improving outcomes and impact in First Nations employment, delivering user centric approaches, programs and resources that influence and drive change.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the relevant issues, complexities and challenge associated with First Nations employment.
- Experience building synergistic stakeholder relations to work towards solving complex social, economic, and environmental problems and influencing the agents of change.
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate high conviction messages to a wide audience.
- Collaborative approach to accomplishing work, with a demonstrated ability to build trust and serve as a team player.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you interested in this opportunity.
Applications close: Friday 10th November.
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be identified.
Minderoo Foundation uses a hybrid work model. Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.