Markets Manager EU
Employee Position Announcement
Markets Manager EU (full-time; remote)
Founded in 2006, Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP) is a marine conservation organization working toward a world where the oceans are healthy, all seafood is produced sustainably, and everyone has access to sustainable seafood. SFP has over 60 employees based in 10 countries, with an annual revenue of over $9 million. We leverage the power of seafood buyers and retailers in every part of the seafood supply chain to rebuild depleted fish stocks, reduce the environmental impacts of fishing and fish farming, address social issues in fishing, and advance economic opportunities for fishers and their communities. Our Supply Chain Roundtables (SRs) allow seafood suppliers to work together in a pre-competitive environment to promote and support improvements in fishery and aquaculture practices, management, and policy. Visit us at www.sustainablefish.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Markets Manager EU serves as a lead representative between multiple layers of SFP staff and seafood industry members to ensure all corporate partnership objectives and SFP program priorities are being fulfilled. This includes helping partners to evolve and implement sustainable seafood policies, working with partners and their suppliers to collect information on fisheries/farms for sustainability assessments, identifying improvement project needs and organizing industry stakeholders to catalyze improvements, and monitoring the sustainable seafood landscape to keep partners informed and educated on relevant issues.
Partner Management (75%)
- Manage relationships with industry partners and meet regularly to provide briefings and updates on sustainable sourcing, SFP initiative areas, procurement policies, information availability and tools, fisheries and aquaculture improvement opportunities, and emerging opportunities and challenges.
- Coordinate closely with the Advisory Services team to ensure partners and their suppliers collect information on fisheries/farms for sustainability assessments and the Ocean Disclosure Project. Identify the needs for project improvement.
- Work with partners to implement a clear sustainability strategy and practical commitments. Develop and provide reports and presentations to thought leaders at partner companies to monitor progress toward commitment over time.
- Work with partners and their suppliers to analyze improvement priorities, initiate new Improvement Projects, support existing improvement projects, and engage partner suppliers in relevant SRs or other pre-competitive efforts.
- Identify new partners and develop proposals describing the options for, and benefits of, partnering with SFP to secure sponsorship of SFP programs.
- Work with SFP’s Supply Chain Roundtable (SR) leads to keep partners updated on SR progress and engage partners on relevant SR improvements as needed.
- Manage corporate sponsorships and agreements pipeline, overseeing corporate sponsorship invoicing for allocated partners.
- Other activities as required.
- Support SRs, including developing and sending invitations and communications, tracking participation, coordinating follow-up, and attending meetings and calls.
- Maintain communication between partners and SFP’s Advisory Services team to support partners’ implementation of the Sustainable Seafood Metrics System, which includes dashboards and reports that assist partners in measuring and managing their sustainability strategy, with their suppliers.
- Liaise closely with the Markets team, the Markets Matrix team, and the SFP strategy leaders to guarantee that the priorities for SFP program initiatives, partner requirements, and grant deliverables are met and reported.
- Collaborate with the appropriate SFP staff to document and disseminate lessons learned, and contribute to grant reporting when necessary.
- Collaborate with SFP’s Communications team to ensure that key stakeholders, such as NGOs and the catch sector, are regularly and accurately updated on SFP’s buyer engagement work.
- Assist with coordinating annual events and meetings with partners as required.
- Represent SFP, give presentations, and assist with organizing meetings at industry events, seafood shows, sustainability conferences, and other meetings as necessary to engage buyers, explain SFP’s work to stakeholders, and share lessons learned.
- 5 years experience working in the seafood industry or marine conservation field.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in marine biology/fisheries science. Other disciplines will also be considered.
- Knowledge of seafood sustainability issues.
- Experience with account management,, acting as the first point of contact for an organization, securing sponsorships, maintaining relationships, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated organization and negotiation skills.
- The ability to prioritize and manage several different tasks at once.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrated qualities of honesty and integrity and a commitment to conservation.
- Flexibility to effectively balance independent initiative with team collaboration.
- Ability to work within a framework of responsibilities and objectives without (or with limited) in-person supervision.
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a mostly or fully remote environment: work-from-home arrangements, strong practical knowledge of productivity software and/or platforms (i.e., Word, Excel, email & other common business communication tools), ability to learn new technology with ease, etc.
- Bring cultural awareness to the work and be able to communicate effectively with diverse colleagues.
- Scheduling flexibility to facilitate interactions with globally dispersed colleagues.
- Proficient communication skills in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Verbal and written communication skills in French are highly desired.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish.
LEVEL OF EFFORT
This is a full-time employee position. Level of Effort is expected to be 40 hours per week. SFP is looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Competitive; salary based on experience & qualifications
If you think that this job would benefit from your skillset and background, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t think you’re the “perfect fit.” This position is part of a highly diverse team, and we are always looking for new talent to contribute from unique or under-represented perspectives. As an equal-opportunity employer, SFP encourages candidates of all ages, races, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, religions, physical abilities, and other diverse attributes to apply.
The deadline is 13 October 2023. All inquiries will be kept in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates, please select the link below to apply and attach the following:
- Letter of interest (no more than 1 page)
To apply, please visit: https://sfp.hrpartner.io/jobs