Job Opening: Grant Specialist
Save The Bay
Grants & Foundation Manager
Join Save The Bay as we work to grow our foundation and federal fundraising program. There is a growth in federal and state funding for environmental improvement and resilience projects and an influx in private funding that aligns with Save The Bay’s strategic priorities.
The Grant Specialist will play an important role in securing funding for Save The Bay’s programs and initiatives. The Grant Specialist will work closely with the Grants & Foundations Manager, Development team, and Leadership team to research and identify potential grant opportunities, develop compelling grant requests, write comprehensive grant reports, maintain relationships with funders, and respond to unanticipated issues and short deadlines promptly and efficiently. As a Development team member, the Grant Specialist helps support the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Research and identify grant opportunities from foundations, corporations, and government agencies that align with Save The Bay’s mission, programs, and strategic plan;
- Facilitate input from Save The Bay Directors and staff to develop, write, and edit grant proposals and applications, including budgets and other supporting materials;
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements and reporting deadlines;
- Work closely with program staff, and utilize national and state resources, to gather and maintain relevant program data, statistics, and metrics for grant requests and reports;
- Utilize GrantHub to maintain accurate records of grant activities and reports;
- Work with the Grants & Foundations Manager to ensure that grant and report deadlines are met and submitted on time;
- Develop meaningful relationships with foundations and staff;
- Strengthen Save The Bay’s private/corporate foundation and federal grant capacity;
- Collaborate with Save The Bay Directors and staff to manage weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual grant reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of effective grant writing and research techniques and commitment to fundraising ethics.
- 2-4 years of experience in grant writing and reporting. Applicants should be familiar with typical grant application processes and requirements for private and federal grants.
- Some familiarity with the major national, state, and local foundation landscape.
- Strong writing, editing, and research skills.
- Strong communication skills – speaking, listening, and writing.
- Emphasis on attention to detail and respect for sensitive information and confidentiality.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight and high independence.
- Knowledge and experience with GrantHub, Candid, understanding of 990s, and Foundation Directory are a plus but not a requirement.
- Confidence utilizing Google and Microsoft platforms.
- Energetic, positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work well and thrive in high-pressure situations, such as short and simultaneous deadlines; flexible and ready to pivot and jump in on projects as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage many complex projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work on some nights and weekends for events or pressing deadlines.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The Grant Specialist is a full-time, salaried position with flexible hours, competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email hidden] or Maureen Fogarty, Director of Operations, Save The Bay, 100 Save The Bay Drive, Providence, RI 02905. Please note that applicants selected to move forward in the process will be asked to provide two writing samples at a later date.
September 30, 2023