Job Opening: Operations Manager, Save The Bay’s Hamilton Family Aquarium
Save The Bay
Director of Operations
Save The Bay is seeking an Operations Manager to oversee the front-end operations of our busy mission-based Aquarium in downtown Newport. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Aquarium is “ready for business” providing a high quality, consistent guest experience on a daily basis.
This position has oversight of ticketing and gift shop sales, management of staff and interns, building and grounds upkeep, facility rentals, marketing and promotions, and special event management.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an organized, high energy, decisive, results-driven individual who works collaboratively to meet the Aquarium’s goals.
- Oversee all operational and administrative functions of the Aquarium
- Work closely with Lead Aquarium Curator and Aquarium Program Manager to ensure a well-run facility
- Manage ticketing and gift shop operations and supervision of all operations staff, interns and volunteers
- Work in alignment with the communications, development, finance, operations and facilities teams to support initiatives at the Aquarium
- Manage all private and public events, including birthday parties, receptions, business meetings, etc.
- Curate the Partner Showcase and Save The Bay Lecture Series
- Act as a Community Liaison
- 5+ years in managing public-facing operations/organization
- Superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- “Take charge” individual who works well both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Events management experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and works well to deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Conversational Spanish a plus
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The Operations Manager is a full-time salaried management position with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or to Maureen Fogarty, Director of Operations, Save The Bay, 100 Save The Bay Drive, Providence, RI 02905. EOE. Submission Deadline: September 30, 2023.