Principal Structural Engineer
Education Required: Master of Science in applicable field of engineering (i.e., Ocean Engineering, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering, Materials Science)
Position Start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
The Structural Engineering Group splits its focus between current designs for specific site conditions, and R&D to optimize the performance, fabrication, and ultimately the cost of the WindFloat® in future projects that work toward commercialization of the WindFloat®.
- Know, understand, comply, support, promote and enforce Principle Power’s Code of Conduct, its Mission, Vision and Values statement, the QHSE Policy, other internal compliance policies (including Anti-Corruption & Bribery, Conflicts of Interest, and Gifts & Hospitality), and all Processes and Procedures included in the Company’s Management System.
- Encourage and empower others to follow the above and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, to achieve a Safe and Healthy workplace and to protect the Environment. Exercise responsibility and authority to stop any activity that may be harmful to any person, asset or the environment.
- Design tasks for current projects including preliminary sizing of steel structures, strength, buckling and fatigue analysis and detailing of the structures;
- Interface with drafters to produce packages of drawings for certification and fabrication;
- Follow closely the fabrication planning and execution phases to provide support as necessary.
- Prepare project specifications and structural design criteria
- Develop initial or conceptual structural designs and layouts
- Master of Science in a relevant field of engineering (Ocean Engineering, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering, Materials Science, etc.)
- Master of science in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.)
- Firm and practical knowledge of ABS FOWTI/FPI/MODU, BV ROU, DNV OS and/or API RP2A;
- Proficiency in two or more programing languages
- Experience in drafting and modeling tools (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Rhino)
- Minimum seven (7) years of professional experience in ship, offshore structure or wind turbine tower structure FEED/detailed/construction design
- Minimum one (1) year of professional experience in floating wind
- Experience in using commercial FEA software such as ANSYS or equivalent.
- Capable to be a key person for projects on behalf of Structural Engineering Group
- Proficiency in two (2) or more programming languages
- Experience in drafting and modeling tools (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Rhino)
- Strong technical and data analysis skills;
- Systematic and detailed oriented;
- Good communication skills both written and oral;
- Self-driven and motivated;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proven experience of work in multidisciplinary, collaborative and worldwide team context;
- Capability to supervise junior engineers technically
- Be eligible to work in the required location