Director of Institutional & Government Partnerships
Director of Institutional and Government Partnerships
OceanX is a mission to explore the ocean and to bring it back to the world through captivating media. Uniting leading media, science, and philanthropy partners, OceanX utilizes next-gen technology, cutting edge science, compelling storytelling, and immersive experiences to educate, inspire, and connect the world with the ocean and build a global community deeply engaged with understanding, and protecting our oceans. OceanX is an initiative of Dalio Philanthropies, which furthers the diverse philanthropic interests of Dalio family members.
For more information, visit www.oceanx.org and follow OceanX on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Working closely with the VP of Partnerships, the Director of Institutional and Government Partnerships is responsible for the development and implementation of giving and fundraising from foundations, corporations, and government entities. This Director-level role stewards a portfolio of current funders and actively seeks new funders and major gifts with the goal of aligning the organization’s needs with the opportunities presented by funders. This individual will be able to develop and maintain ongoing, highly productive relationships with international NGOs, government, and climate funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps lead the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of governments, various funds, corporations and foundations / philanthropies
- Manages meaningful portfolio of funding primarily through major gifts of 7-8 figures from institutions
- Administers pipeline of active funders, and develops list of prospects and actively works that list with outreach, inquiries and raises
- Maintains deal summaries and reports in CRM for all active relationships, including putting together weekly pipeline summary reports
- Follows business development process precisely and submits all deals through OX’s funnel evaluation
- Develops new proposals to support and expand client engagement opportunities
- Works in close partnership with leadership to ensure understanding of programmatic innovations and funding needs and to communicate that information to a funding audience
- Creates systems and protocols to track, record and report on proposals, reports, grants, and prospects
- Works collaboratively with other staff across the institution to cultivate and solicit relationships
- Ensures appropriate acknowledgment, stewardship and recognition of suspects, prospects and active relationships
- Creates solicitation materials and knowledge base for fundraising efforts, and provide fundraising updates and strategies, as required
- Professional Experience:
- 10+ years track record in institutional fundraising
- Proven experience in direct donor stewardship and managing multi-level institutional partnerships
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and interacting with senior-level contacts
- Previously been responsible for an annual seven-figure portfolio
- International development and fundraising experience, highly desirable
- Interactions and experience with government entities and climate funds, a plus
- Ability to author presentations, analytics, and data-centric reports
- Extensive experience using a CRM
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external audiences through exceptional personal presentation and persuasive writing
- Desire to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constrains and with strong attention to detail
- Non-profit fundraising experience, a must
- Bachelor’s degree, with graduate degree preferred
- Considerable international and weekend travel
- Personal Attributes:
- Highly independent, self-starter
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and the ability to shape partnerships in a variety of ways, navigating that ambiguity
- Machine-like approach to design and planning
- Determined, resourceful and practical
- Strong work ethic
- Low ego and team-player
- Maintains high standards and is results oriented
- Operates with high level of discretion and ethics
Compensation for the role includes a competitive salary in the range from $135,000- $200,000 (inclusive of a merit-based bonus, dependent on years of experience, level of education obtained, as well as applicable skillset), potentially a success-driven incentive payment and an excellent benefits package, including a comprehensive employer paid medical plan and generous employer match for 401k.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application using the OceanX Application portal at the following link: LINK HERE. No phone inquiries please.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. OceanX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All correspondence will remain confidential.