OceanX is a mission to support scientists to explore the ocean and to bring it back to the world through captivating media. Uniting leading media, science, and philanthropy partners, OceanX utilizes next-gen technology, fearless science, compelling storytelling, and immersive experiences to educate, inspire, and connect the world with the ocean and build a global community deeply engaged with understanding, enjoying, and protecting our oceans. OceanX is an initiative of Dalio Philanthropies, which furthers the diverse philanthropic interests of Dalio family members. For more information, visit www.oceanx.org and follow OceanX on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
As a Development Coordinator, you will work with the Business Development and Fundraising team to establish and drive relationships with potential partners. You will largely be responsible for managing the development infrastructure and processes including CRM, donor research and event coordination. You will have the opportunity to interact directly with OX external partners as well as leadership across the OceanX and Dalio Family Office.
OceanX is an entrepreneurial environment which values team players who can manage priorities and workstreams simultaneously. To thrive and succeed within our unique culture and work environment, you must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity, and openness to new ideas/approaches. You also must be hard working, composed and goal oriented. All employees are expected to be honest, excited about providing and receiving objective feedback, constantly striving for self-improvement, and committed to the pursuit of excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support a wide range of fundraising needs for the Development team, as it relates to procedures, tracking and research while also being able to represent the Development team with external parties
- Support the development of proposals and presentations to current and prospective funders
- Maintain CRM records for current and prospective donors
- Support the tracking and fulfillment of current donor benefits and support written and verbal reports for donors throughout the year
- Maintain donor research for all prospective and current funders
- Coordinate financial reports and tracking of goals for department
- Support event coordination as needed including event prep, day-of coordination and follow-up
- Serve as a key coordinator of processes and procedures for the development pillar
- Professional Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in business development and/or fundraising
- Experience managing a CRM system and conducting donor research
- Exceptional project management capabilities and spearheading / driving projects through to completion
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work across the organization and various departments and functional units
- Ability to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial, rapidly evolving environment, with significant ambiguity
- Experience with non-profit fundraising preferred
- Proven track record in taking initiative and be able to multi-task, interface with various members of the team and conduct him/herself with the utmost professional manner when working with internal and external colleagues
- Some travel required
- Personal Attributes:
- Determined, resourceful and practical. An independent, self-starter, with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and strong work ethic
- Agility, with a track record of getting things done
- Organized, reliable, and meticulous
- Ability to prioritize, meet tight deadlines, anticipate needs, and maintain high quality work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Maintains high standards
- Highly collaborative
- General curiosity and passion for the Ocean
Compensation for the role includes a competitive salary in the range from $70,000- $100,000 (inclusive of a merit-based bonus, dependent on years of experience, level of education obtained, as well as applicable skillset) and an excellent benefits package, including a comprehensive employer paid medical plan and generous employer match for 401k.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application using the OceanX Application portal at the following link: LINK HERE. No phone inquiries please.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. OceanX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All correspondence will remain confidential.