OceanHub Africa (OHA) is an ocean-impact catalyst, blending entrepreneurship support programs and impact innovation ecosystem development. We are on a mission to inspire and support African-based, ocean-minded small and start-up businesses with the express aim of nurturing an environmentally conscious and profitable economy that effectively mitigates the effects of global warming as well as oceans’ overexploitation and pollution.
Accounting and Financial Management:
- Manage the accounting processes for the incubator and affiliates, including budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow management and strategic financial planning.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial records are maintained and in compliance with relevant accounting standards (with the support of the organization’s accountant).
- Prepare financial statements, forecasts, and budgets to provide insights and support decision-making (with the support of the organization’s accountant).
- Collaborate with the team to prepare reports and presentations for the board.
Fundraising Support and Grant Program:
- Provide financial expertise and guidance to incubated startups in their fundraising efforts.
- Assist startups in developing financial models, projections, and investment materials.
- Conduct due diligence on financial aspects of investment opportunities, search for and support negotiations with potential investors and grantmakers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with ocean-impact or other relevant investors with the intention of making warm introductions to startups.
- Support fundraising efforts for OHA, including developing fundraising strategies and materials.
- Managing OHA’s grant program, from disbursing to reporting.
- Supporting the OHA management team in establishing the first ocean-impact fund in Africa.
Donor Funding Management:
- Manage, with the support of the team, the reporting of grant funding received by the incubator, ensuring compliance with requirements.
- Monitor donor funding budgets and ensure funds are allocated appropriately.
- Assist the team in creating new partnerships and adjusting current partnerships to align with future acceleration programs and other activities.
- Contribute to proposal writing, delivery of strategy consulting projects (especially on finance-related topics), and supervise OHA's consulting client portfolio from a financial aspect.
- Support the promotion of Blue Finance in Africa through thought leadership initiatives, public speaking opportunities, communication points, and collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Proven experience in financial management, accounting, or finance-related roles.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Experience in supporting fundraising efforts and working with investors or funders.
- Familiarity with grantmaking processes and grant investment evaluation is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Passion for ocean sustainability and impact investing (preferred)
For more information on OceanHub Africa on the position 👉🏾 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G82ebJJWhIWNlOSp2N2x3E5GF4vA7A_A/view?usp=share_link