Project Manager for Scientific Portal
Watertown, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Cultivarium is a Focused Research Organization with a mission to accelerate the adoption of new organisms for biotechnology. We seek experts who can contribute individually and as part of a team to create tangible solutions for a ‘moonshot’ project. This is a great opportunity to be part of a close-knit, driven team of scientists and engineers building technological infrastructure for non-model microorganisms, to open new avenues for science, technology, medicine, and agriculture.
We are looking for a driven, resourceful, and responsible individual to serve as a Project Manager for Cultivarium’s scientific web portal. We are searching for a candidate with a strong scientific background in microbiology and/or molecular biology who is exceptionally organized, has strong communication skills, and is a great team player. You will plan, manage, and coordinate activities for our web portal to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished with efficient resourcing of personnel, time, and funding. In this role, you will participate in market and product research, launch activities, and maintaining user relations. You will interface with all levels of the organization as well as external partners and collaborators. This role may require occasional meetings outside local working hours to interact with a global network of external users.
- Act as the primary point of contact for stakeholders (including scientists, engineers, design team, and leadership) to facilitate regular communication, provide status updates, and inform decision-making.
- Summarize data and insights into articulate, consumable reports to stakeholders.
- Collaborate to create concise project plans that establish scope, goals, and key metrics with detailed timelines, milestones, and resource allocations.
- Monitor and manage project progress and ensure milestones are met by conducting regular meetings with agendas, minutes, and action items.
- Enhance project efficiency through process optimization and by performing project risk assessments with strategic mitigation suggestions when applicable. Escalate critical issues and facilitate change requests considering schedule and budget impacts.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative, and execute with limited oversight.
- Drive projects to ensure success while promoting team health.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, synthetic biology, or another life science-related field is required (a Master’s degree with significant project management experience may be considered).
- Project management success as demonstrated by research output, collaborations, and/or product launches.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project milestones, deadlines, and budgets. Experience seeing a project through its full life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, including effective presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Able to remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- At ease identifying and mastering appropriate software tools.
- 4+ years of project management experience in biotechnology.
- Familiarity with web analytic tools such as Google Analytics.
- Fluency with organizational tools such as Monday, Notion, Airtable, and Lucid.
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Generous time off + paid holidays.
- Allowance for fitness and wellness activities.
We aim to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.