Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
We are seeking a motivated Executive Assistant to help support a pioneering initiative to discover disease mechanisms using novel technologies.
This project (still in stealth mode) is aiming to enable a leap forward in biomedical research, driving technology innovations towards studying disease mechanisms.
The Executive Assistant will support the administration and day-to-day tasks for the project core team. We need a reliable Executive Assistant who is thorough and detail oriented. The EA will take charge of coordinating meetings with a variety of stakeholders, communicate effectively in person and electronically, and organize work plans and documents daily.
- Highly organized. You can prioritize tasks and create documents with all of the information you’ve collected in a timely manner.
- Great communicator. You are articulate and enjoy efficient and precise communication.
- Great at modeling people. Once you've worked enough with someone, you feel like you are in their brain - you know what they would say if asked a question, and you can act on their preferences independently.
- Great at managing responsibilities. You know and fulfill your responsibilities without overstepping your authority.
- An excellent pen pal. You’ll be communicating with internal and external people frequently and both parties should love it. You’re friendly, engaging, and a clear communicator. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An event-organizer. You love having people around, you get excited by being creative and setting up all the logistics around a party or conference and you love meeting new people at these events.
- Someone who LOVES to help. This role requires someone proactive and switched on. It will also include a lot of administrative and repetitive tasks.
- Detail-oriented. You always spell people’s names correctly. You complete your whole checklist. You notice when your sister-in-law mentioned that she has an important meeting next month and you follow up after to see how it went.
- Tech-savvy. A new project management system is implemented throughout the organization? No problem, you are an early adopter of anything tech, and are able to teach the team how to use the new tools. You are a pro (or can easily become a pro) with tools such as Notion, Slack, Signal and Lever.
- Empathetic (but not to a fault). We’re all human and you’re very aware of that. You’ll work with people as individuals to try to understand their needs and find the best possible solutions for everyone.
- Able to prioritize and decline opportunities. Given a set of priorities from our leadership, you will be able to prioritize meetings and say "no" to things in a way that will make people you correspond with feel seen and happy.
- A great juggler. Startups move at a fast pace, and you are able to change priorities and handle multiple tasks at once without blinking. Actual juggling is always a plus.
- Be a master of our time and logistics. We get to talk to the most amazing scientists and philanthropists in the world. You’ll have to manage our schedules and coordinate calls and meetings. Sometimes, this will mean dealing with important offices and partners. You’ll also manage our travel, which happens frequently.
- Get creative to buy us time and energy. Proactively strategize on ways to free up time for the executive team.
- Manage our events. We host a series of workshops for scientists and various members of our communities. You’ll be on deck to manage hotel bookings, process reimbursements, find venues and generally ensure event success.
- Be the first and last set of eyes on key documents. Sometimes, you’ll help us write an initial draft of a briefing. Frequently you’ll proofread important documents before they go out. Did you notice any typos in this JD? Send it over to us with your application. You’ll be in charge of ensuring that every meeting that the executive team attends has an agenda.
- Keep the systems moving. Prepare and submit expense reports and associated documentation on time each month. Regularly organize Google Drive and Notion.
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and most talented experts from different fields.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Generous time off + paid holidays.
- Wellness allowance for fitness and wellness activities.
- Frequent opportunities to spend time with colleagues in person.
We aim to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.