Cell Culture Technician / Research Associate
People & HR
Triangle, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
Cell Culture Technician / Research Associate
Durham NC’s EvE Bio, a nonprofit pharmaceutical research organization, is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented lab technician / research associate to work in our cell culture facility. The successful candidate will support the generation of stable mammalian cell lines, maintain cell culture stocks, and provide support to the assay development and screening groups. This individual will collaborate extensively with other members of teams, with a drive to continually improve and execute within projected timelines. An ideal candidate will have prior experience working in a cell culture facility supporting drug discovery and screening.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Support all logistical aspects required of a cell culture lab including cell culture maintenance, ordering, registration, receiving, request fulfillment, mycoplasma testing, STR profiling and physical inventory in the lab.
● Generation of stable cell lines
● Cell transduction and transfection
● Maintaining attention to detail in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
● Supporting multiple tasks and keeping up with concurrent projects
● Adhering to safety and compliance procedures
Requirements and Qualifications:
● Current North Carolina Triangle resident (out-of-state and overseas applications will not be considered)
● BS or MS in a biological discipline, or equivalent, is required.
● Recent 2+ years’ experience performing mammalian cell culture
● Working knowledge of Biological Safety Level 2 (BSL2) requirements
● Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
● Experience generating and validating stable cell lines is a plus
● Strong initiative, problem solving, desire to learn, attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks are required.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and an ability to work effectively across diverse and cross-functional teams is required.
● A can-do attitude complemented with a willingness to help where needed
● Ability to work independently
EvE Bio, a North Carolina 501(c)(3) research organization, is one of the world’s first Focused Research Organizations (FROs). FROs are nonprofit scientific research and development startups with long-term funding from generous philanthropy, pursuing high-social-impact scientific issues that elude both academic and for-profit R&D due to either the breadth of their scope, their substantial cost, or the difficulty of monetizing their research outcomes. Learn more about FROs at our parent organization, ConvergentResearch.com.
EvE Bio offers its employees:
· An opportunity to help change the world for the better while working with some of the most talented experts in pharmaceutical science
· A highly competitive salary
· Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (most plans’ premiums are fully employer-paid). Paid sick leave and family care leave. Wellness allowance
· 100% employer-matched 401(k) retirement account
· Generous paid time off and holidays
· Family-friendly policies
· Shared on-site gym with showers and lockers
· RTP- and RDU-adjacent south Durham location
We aim to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.