Principal Engineering Program Manager
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Forest Neurotech, we're not just creating devices; we're building a deeper understanding and personalized treatment of the human brain. Our mission is to pioneer the next frontier of neurotechnology, and we're looking for passionate and experienced people to be a part of this journey.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Engineering Program Manager to lead engineering and NPI efforts with a primary focus on device testing, manufacturing and supply chain management. This role requires experience managing hardware testing, contract manufacturer relationships as well as excellent communication and project management skills.
- Lead program management activities for internal and external cross-functional teams to meet development deliverables and address technical issues.
- Manage device testing requirements for clinical trials and regulatory requirements as well as manage contractors to complete testing.
- Manage manufacturing line bring up and lead debug and failure analysis efforts.
- Manage the manufacturing supply chain, including: procurement, inventory management, quality control and supplier relationships.
- Manage the contract manufacturer and development partner relationships.
- Develop and manage internal engineering development processes.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for the engineering teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in technical program management, manufacturing and/or engineering.
- Experience setting and fulfilling testing requirements for medical devices or other similar regulated industry
- Experience with new product introduction Experience managing supplier, contract manufacturer and/or vendor relationships
- Expert in industry standards and best practices for medical device development and manufacturing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits we offer
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; parental leave.
- 401k with 6% salary matching
- Generous time off + paid holidays.
- Wellness allowance for fitness and wellness activities.
The Company aims to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.