Principal Electronic Systems Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Forest Neurotech, we're not just creating devices; we're building a deeper understanding and personalized treatment of the human brain. Our mission is to pioneer the next frontier of neurotechnology, and we're looking for passionate and experienced people to be a part of this journey.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Electronics System Engineer to join our team, focusing on the design and testing of the electronics systems and infrastructure of the device and equipment used in manufacturing and clinical environments. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of electronic systems development, scripting, firmware, test development/infrastructure and PCB design/layout. This role requires leading internal and external cross-functional efforts as well as managing vendor relationships.
- Architect, design, simulate and validate electronic systems to meet product level specifications and requirements.
- Manage integration, testing and validation of multiple digital and hardware systems across the platform, including FPGAs, microcontrollers and ASICs
- Work alongside internal and external software teams to prototype, implement and test device level software and algorithms.
- Design and develop hardware and software test infrastructure and requirements
- Design (or manage the outsourcing of) PCBs for product iterations and testing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and clinical teams to refine designs, ensure seamless system level integration and end-use-case functionality.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships with development partners and vendors.
- Develop and maintain accurate and efficient design methodologies, processes and testing documentation for related development.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. PhD degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in electronics system design, simulation, and testing.
- Experience leading a large electronics system testing design in medical or similarly regulated applications.
- Strong coding skills in a range of hardware specific languages (may include, C, Verily, Python, etc.) Strong understanding of circuit and PCB design techniques, particularly as they relate to low power sensor interfaces.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and working with PCBA assembly and test houses.
- Familiarity with industry standards and best practices for PCB design and fabrication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits we offer
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; parental leave.
- 401k with 6% salary matching
- Generous time off + paid holidays.
- Wellness allowance for fitness and wellness activities.
The Company aims to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.