MBA Spring Associate
Burnt Island Ventures
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to contribute to and support our company evaluation process, including (but not limited to), screening companies, building investment arguments, and supporting diligence in the 12 weeks that they’re with us. Plus having a blast.
- Assist the team in the initial assessment of incoming deal flow.
- Refine assessments of potential investments, from market sizing to competitive analyses.
- Work with the team to develop preliminary and final due diligence documents.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a 1-3 year professional track record of nailing everything that has been put in front of them to the wall.
- Is fun, interested, interesting, and learns fast.
- Reads a lot and writes well.
- Is a good judge of character.
- Can rapidly understand, break down, and communicate a complex set of facts clearly and succinctly - while also communicating their own point of view.
- Ideally has an understanding of how to describe a company’s potential trajectory through data (but we don’t need an excel jockey - familiarity with Excel/Sheets is fine).
- Can deal with a lot of plates spinning at the same time, keeping all of them aloft and unbroken.
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous experience analyzing startups.
- Research experience in startups.
- Previous experience in water.
- Relevant ops knowledge (Zapier, Airtable, Squarespace, basic coding).
- A great sense of humor.
Applications due December 31st, 2023. We will set interviews in December and January, aiming for a February start.