Campaign Development Associate
Campaign Development Associate
TITLE: Campaign and Development Associate
WAGE CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Planned Giving & Development Operations
LOCATION: Washington, DC (hybrid optional)
SALARY RANGE: $44,840 – $58,905
EFFECTIVE: Immediately upon fulfillment
ABOUT AMERICAN RIVERS
American Rivers is championing a national effort to protect and restore all rivers, from remote mountain streams to urban waterways. Healthy rivers provide people and nature with clean, abundant water and natural habitat. For 50 years, American Rivers staff, supporters, and partners have shared a common belief: Life Depends on Rivers℠.
American Rivers centers the ongoing work of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all that we do. The beauty of rivers is that they connect all people and communities, and we seek to build and embody this diversity in our organization and throughout the conservation field. The life experiences, knowledge, innovation, and talent that everyone brings to our work provides perspectives, experiences, and competencies which are critical to our effectiveness in protecting wild rivers, restoring damaged rivers, and conserving clean water for people and nature.
As American Rivers executes a comprehensive $100 million fundraising campaign to scale our work and impact, the Campaign and Development Associate will provide critical support to both campaign leadership and development operations that will ensure campaign success. Reporting to the Senior Director, Planned Giving and Development Operations, the Campaign and Development Associate will contribute to the overall success of the department’s fundraising goals by ensuring accurate and complete donor and gift records, communicating gift activity to Advancement staff, and preparing donor communications. Additionally, the Campaign and Development Associate will provide administrative and clerical support to the Senior Vice President of Advancement in executing the Life Depends on Rivers campaign. Travel up to 10% for staff retreats, trainings, conferences, and professional development opportunities, as
needed, is required. This is a campaign-funded position. If not renegotiated, the position will end by June 30, 2027
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the campaign committee, staff, and Campaign Consultant to help keep the campaign on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum that inspires excitement and confidence in achieving the campaign goal.
- Assist internal campaign leadership with administrative tasks including meeting management, document preparation ahead of internal and external meetings, updating and saving all files and documentation, and assisting with internal information sharing and training on campaign systems and processes.
- Coordinate scheduling of donor solicitations and visits with campaign committee members, the SVP of Advancement, President and CEO, and board members
- Coordinate the fulfillment of campaign communications, such as acknowledgments, follow-up letters, and other campaign information as well as other benefits in collaboration with frontline teams and other members of the Advancement team.
- Work with Sr. Director of Operations to track campaign gifts and pledges in donor CRM and assist with reporting
- Assist with the coordination of campaign-related events and engagement activities.
- Generate and mail campaign pledge reminders as scheduled
- Prepare and mail tribute notifications, gift acknowledgments, and receipts as directed
- Point-of-Contact within department for all gift inquiries; notify fundraisers when gifts are received
- Coordinate introduction into midlevel giving society;
- Maintain within the donor database digital copies of pledge agreements and gift documentation for all gifts $1,000+
- Obtain donation reports from a variety of online portals, attributing credit for third-party gifts;
- Research, authorize, and submit matching gift request forms;
- Update donor biographical information as needed;
- Assist with identifying and correcting database inaccuracies in a timely manner;
- Assist with other functions associated with gift processing and quality assurance.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of relevant experience, or a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Requires some experience and strength in the following areas: project management, verbal and written communications, teamwork and dependability;
- Proficiency with Zoom Phone and Meetings and MS office suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Capable of working well with a team as well as independently;
- Development CRM experience, including data entry, is required;
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail;
- Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Commitment to American Rivers’ Core Values
Location is hybrid or full-time in D.C
The salary for this position is $44,840 – $58,905 depending on experience and qualifications. American Rivers offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance; four weeks of paid vacation; 11 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays; 12 days of paid sick leave; and a 3% employer retirement contribution.
American Rivers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.