Guest Service Crew Member
Summary: Interact with passengers by answering questions and helping with specific requests. Operate galley and gift shop which includes food preparation, snack service, retail presentations and the sale of local retail products. Maintain impeccably clean vessel at all times. Must be able to work as a team member and be comfortable interacting with guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present a professional and friendly attitude while on duty.
- Direct and assist passenger movement on and about the vessel.
- Participate in passenger safety orientation and maintain safe conditions underway.
- Help operate galley, bar and commissary, including preparation & distribution of snacks, sales, stocking, inventory order lists and related paperwork.
- Routine maintenance including, but not limited to: cleaning, sanitation, restocking consumables in cabin area and heads; making note of needed equipment repairs.
- Enhance the cruise experience for passengers, including answering questions and helping passengers with specific problems/requests.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous experience on passenger carrying vessels preferred
- Must be able to make change, keep records and maintain a professional, friendly attitude toward customers.
- Certifications required prior to first day of employment include CPR / FA certification, and Alaska Food Handlers card. Employees 21+ must obtain TAPS certification to serve alcohol.
- Public speaking experience very helpful. Must be able to effectively communicate with up to 150 passengers on a p.a. system.
- Must be able to work as a team with other employees to present coordinated narration and provide a quality experience for customers.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is required).
Traits and Characteristics:
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, and most important, reliable.
- Friendly and outgoing, excited to meet new people from all over the world every day
- A sharp eye for safety
- Must enjoy work with a team, but must also be self-directed and a self-starter
Work Environment: Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays. Days off will be scheduled but must be willing to be flexible in meeting tour demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work in a loud, vibrating, and moving environment around large groups of people.