Program Manager, Climate
Additional Ventures is helping shape a healthier, more equitable world. We are a philanthropic organization with three initiatives: biomedical research, community and democracy, and climate action.
Additional Ventures’ climate initiative is focused on pathways to permanently remove hundreds of billions of tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere this century. We are funding R&D to create solutions that can safely remove CO2 at costs consistent with gigaton scale. We are championing policies that will catalyze these solutions. And we are helping to ensure that solutions are developed and deployed equitably. We are particularly focused on ocean-based CO2 removal solutions because of their enormous potential.
Additional Ventures is seeking a Program Manager for our climate initiative.
An initial priority will be to support the Ocean Alkalinity Enhancement (OAE) R&D Program, which seeks to accelerate understanding of OAE as a potential method for large-scale carbon removal by funding teams of scientists and engineers and setting up pre-permitted test-bed sites for research and prototype testing. You will also help launch and manage other future R&D programs, as well as other RFP processes across the climate initiative.
Core responsibilities include:
- Coordinate across R&D program stakeholders (e.g., researchers, engineers, external consultants, partner funders etc.) to ensure regular communication and visibility into each other’s work.
- Help to develop, write, and manage technical RFPs.
- Engage outside contractors to provide tailored support
- Help stand up teams and work plans for specific program priorities, such as establishing permitted test beds to conduct OAE research
- Develop and manage project workplans and systems to strengthen team operations, especially for current and future R&D programs.
- Organize high-stakes convenings of program stakeholders
- Help develop and track R&D program budgets
The Program Manager will report directly to Sasha Post, Program Director for Climate and Democracy.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Strong scientific and technical background (masters level or above)
- 6 years or more of experience in program/project management at a philanthropy, research institution, strategy consulting firm, federal R&D program, or other fast-paced environment
- Experience writing technical RFPs and project managing RFP processes
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships
- Ability to operate independently and balance multiple priorities in a fluid and fast-paced start-up environment with high levels of ambiguity
- Significant interest and/or prior experience in climate change mitigation and climate equity/justice is a plus
This position will be remote, but must be based in the United States. Occasional travel expected.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Ventures is an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce, in particular, candidates from historically underrepresented backgrounds.
Additional Ventures is comprised of multiple entities that make grants and/or investments in service of our mission to shape a healthier, more equitable world, including Additional Ventures Foundation, Additional Ventures LLC, and a donor-advised fund of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation.