A.I.S., Inc. (AIS) is a national scientific services firm supporting maritime activities requiring certification of compliance with environmental regulations as well as collecting data for use by Federal, State, Municipal, and other government agencies along the US coastline. AIS is looking for a Program Assistant (PA) to support our Alaskan and West Coast Fishery Observation Programs.
The PA will work Monday through Friday and be available via cellphone outside of normal hours to respond to any issues that may arise. The PA will rotate being on call to address ad hoc issues and aid staff working on Saturdays and Sundays to support field operations.
AIS works with NOAA Fisheries to provide fishery observeration support services to the Alaska Fisheries Science Center. We assign our employees to various fishing vessels operating in the Gulf of Alaska and the Bering Sea to collect sustainability data on our nations fisheries. Operations occur 24/7 thourghout the year.
The PA is responsible for supporting geographically dispersed operations throughout Alaska and the West Coast. The successful candidate will also support the supervision of employees in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
Support and Project Planning
- Employee onboarding and training material development
- Field staff scheduling, tracking, and management
- Project budgeting
- Monthly summary reports for each project
- Employee transportation in Seattle from airport and to and from NOAA Campus
- Create, maintain, and distribute job aides.
- Schedule employees for training, briefings, and debriefings
- Communicate project information to new and current employees.
- Create a system for tracking billable units, travel days and expenses used for invoicing.
- Reconcile monthly lodging charges.
- Reconcile and process invoices for vendors used in support of the projects.
Administrative and Management Support
- Perform call center functions and answer office phones.
- Enter and QA/QC information using AIS and NOAA systems.
- Send and receive mail.
- Organize files and update datasheets.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to gauge employee performance
Inventory and Property Management
- Order, maintain, and distribute equipment and supplies.
- Troubleshoot equipment (phones, computers, software) issues with field staff.
- Schedule lodging and vehicle maintenance
- Maintain company lodging by completing regular walk throughs, keep lodging stocked with supplies, and coordinating necessary improvements.
Recruitment and Retention
- Maintain list of inactive and active employees
- Contact employees regularly to discuss job satisfaction and performance.
- Research relevant conferences and symposium
- Participate in selection committee.
- Participate in afterhours employee events.
- Utilize resources to identify business opportunities for AIS to expand business in the region.
- Participate in the proposal development process.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline.
- Experience supporting operations with significant geographical distribution, and experience supervising employees in a fast-paced environment is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience conducting or directing field research or data collection or managing fisheries related operations
- A minimum of 1 year of project management experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to maintain contact with staff, stakeholders, vendors and customers.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrate a systematic approach to problem solving to ensure customer deliverables and employee support.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite programs (excel, word, etc.).
- Fishery Observer experience is a plus.
- Experience with database development and web design would be a plus.
Compensation: Candidates will be paid a salary to be negotiated and total compensation will vary depending on the employee’s experience. This is a full–time position. AIS benefits package includes health/dental/vision, vacation, sick and holiday, 401K and a discretionary profit-sharing plan.
- Travel up to 15% of the time may be required.
If you would like to apply for one of these exciting new openings, please click the following link http://aisobservers.com/careers/ to submit the following information.
- Cover Letter detailing relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 professional references (name, email address and phone number)
- Unofficial copies of your college transcripts with conferred date.
All documents must be submitted for your application to be considered. If you have any questions pertaining to this opening, please feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Team at or 508-990-9055.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of A.I.S. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our employees and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Must be able to work in the U.S. • VEVRAA Federal Contractor • Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals • Equal Opportunity Employer